Sunday, March 16, 2014

March 16th Update and Exciting Announcement



AHHH!  Exciting news!  I am proud to announce that I will be running Grandma’s Marathon on June 21st.  I’m very excited to be running this marathon as it’s a nice flat course, in a great city/area and works out great timing wise for me.  I also got a really neat training shirt from the race, it’s neon orange so everyone will see me training haha. :)   Though it matches my blue and orange shoes so I like that.  Well on the topic of races I’d like to go ahead and let you know that I am also doing the RaceFest Half Marathon April 12th, here in Charlotte to get a good sense of where my race fitness is.


Training has been going great these last 2 weeks.  I have gotten back into full length workouts now and my mileage is back to around 100 miles a week again.  I believe my strength is pretty much back to what it was in December.  My speed isn't back all the way quite yet, but I feel as though it’ll be back within a few weeks more weeks of having strong workouts like I have been.


Now for my training recap of the past 2 weeks of good workouts:  :)
March 5th: 5 x mile repeats on the track- felt really strong and was very consistent with my times
March 8th: 18 mile easy paced long run at McAlpine Greenway- was a little muddy out but still a great run, I enjoy going out to the trail and just cruising around (bottom picture)
March 10th: 12 x 600m on a road straightaway- wasn’t able to get to a track for my speed workout so did this on a flat road we have measured out but I still ran them faster than last time
March 13th: 5 mile tempo on the road- I feel stronger every time I do my short tempo, was able to keep pushing even when tired

March 16th: 3 mile warm up, 10 mile tempo, 3 mile cool down=> 16 mile long run on the road- felt very smooth and strong the whole way on the tempo piece, very comfortable running at that pace


P.S. Thanks to Dad for taking these pictures for me :)

1 comment:

  1. Can you explain to me what drills you are doing with the cones? You are a real inspiration to me and I enjoy reading your posts. Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete