Sunday, June 8, 2014

June 8th Update

Hey guys, I’m back!  Sorry for not checking in last week, I’ve been super busy with studying for finals lately.  Luckily I only have one more final which is tomorrow in Anatomy, after that I will be officially done with my junior year of high school!

It’s crazy to think that Grandma’s Marathon is in 13 days now!  I’m on my final countdown, only 1 more full hard workout left in this awesome training cycle.

May 26th – June 1st

Wednesday: 2 mile warm up, 4 x mile w/ 2:30 recovery, 2 mile cool down- started off pretty good but ended up having tightness in my right hip from the turns on the track.  Tried switching directions to help the tightness but it didn’t help so I had to cut my repeats down to 4.  I guess my legs have decided I belong on the road not the track lol :)

Saturday: 24 mile easy paced long run- felt really good on my run but had to deal with unexpected rain most of the way which made the trail very slippery over the board walk sections.  Still was a good run even if my dad and I got a little muddy ;)

Drill Circuit

A little muddy after my long run

June 2nd – 8th

Monday: 2 mile warm up, 16 x 600m w/ 1:30 jog recovery, 2 mile cool down- did my 600s on the road and felt really strong. 

Thursday: 2 mile warm up, 6 mile tempo, 3 mile cool down- was warmer and more humid than normal but still had a good tempo.  Makes me look forward to the cooler temps of Duluth I get to race in.

Sunday: 5 mile warm up, 10 mile tempo, 3.5 mile cool down- great last long run before the marathon.  Was a rough workout having to deal with stomach issues and cramps but I toughed it out and had a really good negative split run in the end! Sometimes being a female runner can suck though lol :P
16 x 600m on the road

Hot 6 mile tempo


FUN FACT: in the last 8 weeks since my half marathon I have run 888 miles!! I feel so strong and ready for this marathon! Bring it on!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you've had some really solid training! 16 x 600's is no joke!

    Good luck at Grandma's!!

    ReplyDelete