Sunday, May 25, 2014

May 25th Update

Hey guys! Another week as flown by and it’s Sunday again.  I swear the weeks just seem to go by faster and faster every week.  It maybe because it’s the end of the school year but oh well haha.

Just 4 more weeks until Grandma’s Marathon in Duluth and I can start to feel the excitement building up as my workouts get better and better.  All I have to do is get through the rest of the school year and then bam marathon time!

May 19th- May 25th
Total Mileage: 112
Number of runs: 13
Number of workouts: 3

Monday: 2 mile warm up, 16 x hills w/ jog back down, 2 mile cool down- 350m hill at a 4% grade, great strength building workout to work on my stride power for the marathon :)

Thursday: 2 mile warm up, 6 mile wave tempo, 3 mile cool down-  alternated each half mile between marathon pace and 8% faster, to average the normal 4% faster than marathon pace.  I love doing wave tempos!

Sunday: 21 mile tempo long run = 5 miles easy, 10 mile tempo at marathon race pace, 6 miles easy- keep feeling stronger every time I do this run! Hit a good negative split this one. I really enjoy this type of long run.


Monday Workout: hill repeats

Thursday Workout: 6 mile wave tempo



Sunday Workout: after my 21 mile tempo long run

I hope that everyone has a great Memorial Weekend!!! I know I have had an awesome start to mine with some fun at the lake with my siblings and cousins on Saturday.  I tried kayaking for the first time and loved it! Now to spend my Monday with my friends to start the long studying process for finals :P



Fun at the Lake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment