Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Fall Marathon Announcement

2014 Indianapolis Monumental Marathon

Super excited to announce that I will be returning to the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon this November 1st for my fall marathon!! After racing it and getting the B standard for the US Olympic Marathon Trials there last year with a 2:41:55, I am returning to the great course and supportive atmosphere in Indy and am aiming for the course record (2:39:22) and the Trials A standard (sub 2:37:00).  I am also looking forward to coming back to Indy to speak at the expo with my dad once again this year.

Here is a the press release that the Monumental Marathon released this morning:

I plan on running 2 to 3 races between now and Monumental, but am still finalizing which ones I'll do, but will let you know once that decision is finalized. :)  

Since the Grandma's Marathon, I have partnered up with Carolina Sports Clinic here in Charlotte, NC to resolve the hip tightness issue that hindered my race in Duluth. We determined it was modest muscle strength asymmetry and hamstring flexibility issues and have been able to successfully correct it, and I have been back at 100% in recent workouts. So I am now fully back into my training and couldn't be more excited to prepare for a great fall race season.  

No comments:

Post a Comment